The Village | Apply now for the Village Food Pioneers Program
The application for the fall edition of the Village Food Pioneers Program has opened! The Village Food Pioneers Program is set up for (starting) food entrepreneurs that are ready to take their business to the next level. The program offers free workplaces located on the vibrant Floriade Expo terrain for a duration of six months. During your time in the Village we will help you accomplish your business goals via different trainingsessions and guidance by Food Hub, Impact Hub and Flevo Campus professionals. And last but not least, you will become part of a growing, international community of food change makers! Apply for the Village Food Pioneers Program before july 31 and let's change the world of food together!
[ 🇳🇱 read this news in Dutch.]
Registration for the Food Pioneers Program is now closed.
The Village Food Pioneers Program
Are you a (starting) food entrepreneur and do you have a strong motivation to change the world of food? Are you looking for an inspiring workplace and community that allows you to grow both personally and professionally? Three times ‘yes’? Then you’re ready to become a part of the Village!
The Village Food Pioneers Program offers fifteen workplaces for food entrepreneurs free of charge from september 2021 onwards. As a participant in the program you will become part of a close-knit community. With the guidance of experts, you will develop both your professional self and your company. The purpose of these 6 months is to bring your company to the next level in a relatively short period of time!
The ideal profile of a Villager
- An entrepreneur who dares to dream big
- Entrepreneurs of all ages, fresh out of school or those who have made a career switch
- Is excited to work in an English speaking environment
- Has taken the first steps towards setting up their own business or;
- Someone who has already set up their business, but is still looking for ways to develop
- Someone who aspires to work in a vibrant workspace together with other food professionals
What do we offer?
- A free workplace for 6 months in the Village
- A community of like-minded people
- 2-weekly meetings with all residents
- Access to training modules of Aeres Hogeschool
- Access to the annual program of Flevo Campus such as Flevo Campus Live, Meet-ups and Floriade Dialogues
- Access to the network of Flevo Campus, Food Hub and Impact Hub
- Exposure during the Floriade Expo
Insight in the Village Food Pioneers Program
Participants of the program meet both digitally and in the Village every two weeks. In these meetings we help you build a business with impact. During the program you will be involved in several workshops regarding personal leadership, product prototyping and businessmodel case studies. We will engage in several Q&A sessions with professionals in the food sector and several occasions are arranged to check-in with the other Villagers to give or receive feedback. The program takes place on the following dates:
- Opening Day: Friday 27 August – 09:00 until 16.00 o’clock. This is a whole day where we start the Village program. Our evening program and dinner starts at 16:30. You are of course invited to join this part, but it is not obligatory.
- Wednesdays from 09:30 until 12:00 o’clock: 8 September, 22 September, 6 October, 20 October, 3 November, 17 November, 1 December, 15 December, 5 January, 19 January, 2 February, 16 February, 2 March and 16 March.
Why should you apply?
The Village Food Pioneers Program will help you define what value your product or service can offer to your clients. You will learn how to tell the story of your business perfectly and build a strong business around it. By practicing your business pitch on potential partners and clients you will receive valuable insights on how to improve your business even further. Furthermore, the Village Food Pioneers Program is entirely free of charge and represents a value of 3.500,- euro’s!
Meet the first Villagers!
We went out and asked the first residents of the Village why they joined, what they learned, and how this helped them develop their business! Let their answers inspire you and maybe you will want to be part of the next round of food innovators!
Interested? Sign up now!
The registration for the next group of entrepreneurs to join the Village Food Pioneers Program is open NOW. Do you want to take the next step with your food business? We’re happy to guide you in realizing your dream. Registration closes July 31st, 2021.
The Village is a co-production of Flevo Campus, Food Hub, and Impact Hub